In honor of National Volunteer Appreciation Week, April 18 – 24, HSHS St. Vincent Hospital and HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center in Green Bay; HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital in Sheboygan; and HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital in Oconto Falls recognize the hard work, dedication and compassion of their volunteers.
“While the COVID-19 pandemic had an impact on our ability to welcome volunteers into our hospitals much of last year, our volunteers have done an incredible job in assisting our ministries and patients from afar,” said Mary Ann Brunette, Volunteer Services Manager for HSHS hospitals in Eastern Wisconsin. “We are deeply grateful to each and every one of them.”
In 2020, HSHS hospitals in Eastern Wisconsin had 350 volunteers dedicate 12,771 hours to our ministries:
- HSHS St. Vincent Hospital had 149 volunteers put in 4,304 hours
- HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center had 88 volunteers put in 3,486 hours
- HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital had 80 volunteers put in 3,856 hours
- HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital had 33 volunteers put in 1,125 hours
Volunteer efforts include patient screening and wayfinding; working in the hospital gift shops; filing; sewing pillows for heart patients; knitting prayer shawls; and making baby hats, blankets and chemo caps for patients.
“We are incredibly blessed to have dedicated volunteers that partner with us to bring health, healing and hope to our patients,” said Mary Ann. “Volunteers bring joy to our patients and to all of us daily!”
All four HSHS hospitals in Eastern Wisconsin welcome new volunteers to join their ministries. Those interested in volunteering for the following hospitals should contact:
- HSHS St. Vincent Hospital: (920) 433-8561 or www.hshs.org/StVincent/Volunteer
- HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center: (920) 498-4383 or www.hshs.org/StMarysGreenBay/Volunteer
- HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital: (920) 459-4714 or www.hshs.org/StNicholas/Volunteer
- HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital: (920) 433-8561 or www.hshs.org/StClare/Volunteer