Current Volunteer Opportunitie
St. Clare Memorial Hospital:
Volunteering for HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital is a wonderful way to provide a helping hand to those in need.
- Student volunteers: Students must be at least 15 years old and commit to performing a minimum of 50 hours of annual service to qualify to volunteer at the hospital
- Summer volunteering: College and high school students: Applications must be received by May 1.
- Greeters/transporters: Greet and escort patients and visitors to appropriate areas within the hospital.
- Escort: Provide assistance escorting patients and visitors in admitting, discharge and inter-department transport.
- Clerical/Data Entry: Miscellaneous clerical duties such as typing, filing, copying, answering phones, assisting with bulk mailings and special projects as needed.
- Pastoral Care: Parish callers are needed to notify area churches of their members who have been admitted. Eucharistic Minister to provide the sick with the opportunity to receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist.
- Surgical Waiting Room: Volunteers provide hospitality for family members while their loved one is in surgery.
Home Respite Care:
Currently Home Respite has volunteers that provide respite and phone pal services, assist with fundraising, are on the board of directors, work in the office or help at the Caring Tree Adult Day Center. Without these caring people, our programs would not work. Our services are offered free or at a reduced rate so than everyone can get the help they need. This is not possible without volunteers!
Click here to visit the Home Respite Care websiteView Jobs
Current Employment Opportunities
JOB OPPORTUNITY: CHAMBER DIRECTOR for Oconto Falls Area Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber is growing! The Chamber is seeking a passionate and self-motivated, local community member to fill this contracted position. Please see the job description for more details! We can’t wait to work with you!
The Oconto Falls Area Chamber of Commerce and Leadership Oconto County are working collaboratively to fill positions. Please also see the job posting for Program Coordinator for Leadership Oconto County on their website or Facebook.
The Cottages Assisted Living and Memory Care
The Cottages Assisted Living and Memory Care is a locally owned company that strives to provide the best care and compassion for our residents and best work environment possible for our team members!
A Cottages Caregiver is a caring and compassionate person who strives to provide the best life satisfaction possible for our residents. We are looking for people who enjoy working with seniors and thrive in making the lives of those around them better and happier! Some of the basic duties of this position do include assisting with bathing and dressing, along with other personal cares; light housekeeping and dietary work and possibly medication administration. Other more fun work activities include spending time with our residents working on activities, reminiscing, going outside for walks, etc.. We are also offering an additional $2/hour OVERNIGHT SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL for anyone on our overnight shift. Insurance benefits for full-time employees only, but all other benefits are for all employees!!
From $12.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: All who enter are screened for COVID symptoms and all unvaccinated staff are wearing masks. All visitors to the facility are required to wear masks at this time as well.
The Cottages is hiring!Apply Here
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Executive Director Opportunity for Tri-County United Way
Employment Level: Exempt – $35 – $40 per hour – Approximately 20 hours per week
Reports to: President and Board of Directors
Date: June, 2022
- Bachelor Degree and at least ten years of directly related management and leadership experience
- A passion for service to the community
The Executive Director (ED) of Tri-County United Way is responsible for providing strong leadership with a focus on maximizing the mission of the United Way through partnerships with Tri-County area businesses, individual donors, non-profit agencies, the media, and the public.
Successful candidates will need to possess great communication skills and have a desire to play an active and productive role in real change that leads to better, healthier lives for the people in our community. If you have had successful executive experiences and now want to put those skills into the betterment of Tri-County area, while at the same time increasing your own opportunities for growth, enrichment and learning, please consider applying today.
Interested candidates can email Board@tcunitedway.org for application information with “ED Position” in the subject line. Application Deadline is July 25, 2022.