In honor of American Heart Month, HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital and its partner, Prevea Health, are committed to raising awareness of the symptoms of heart attacks in both men and women. According to the American College of Cardiology, approximately 790,000 American adults experience a heart attack each year.
The five major symptoms of a heart attack for men and women include:
· Pain or discomfort in the jaw, neck or back
· Feeling weak, light-headed or faint
· Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back
· Pain or discomfort in arms or shoulders
· Shortness of breath, with or without chest discomfort
In addition to these symptoms, women are more likely to experience:
· Unusual or unexplained tiredness
· Nausea or vomiting
Many times, women dismiss the symptoms of a heart attack because they don’t think they are at risk and attribute them to less severe conditions like heartburn or signs of menopause.
If you notice symptoms of a heart attack in yourself of someone else, call 9-1-1 immediately. Your chances of surviving a heart attack are greater the sooner emergency treatment begins.
Prevea Health is pleased to announce it will soon offer orthopedic sports medicine services at the Prevea Oconto Falls Health Center – Medical Services Building, located on the campus of HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital.
Orthopedic sports medicine services are provided by Dr. Jonathan Dunker, a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic sports medicine surgeon.
Dr. Dunker specializes in:
- Comprehensive orthopedic care
- Athletic injuries
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Arthroscopic treatment of ACL and meniscus injuries
- Total shoulder arthroplasty
- Reverse total shoulder arthroplasty
- Total knee replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
“My goal is to help athletes of all ages return to the activities they love,” said Dr. Dunker. “My approach to treatment is one of communication and partnership between myself and my patients. I provide up-to-date care to return athletes to their active lifestyles.”
Dr. Dunker graduated medical school at Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed residency in orthopedic surgery at Oklahoma State University Medical Center. He also completed a fellowship in Orthopedic Sports Medicine at Wellington Orthopedics/University of Cincinnati. Dr. Dunker is certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
Dr. Dunker will begin seeing patients on March 5, 2018, but appointments can be scheduled now by calling (920) 272-3300. The Prevea Oconto Falls Health Center – Medical Services Building is located at 853 S. Main St., on the campus of HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital.