Good Afternoon Members:
The Oconto Falls Chamber Fun Fest is fast approaching and there are a few things that I think you would like to take advantage of regarding this event. Some of the things in the works are an Art Fair, Craft Fair, Children’s activities (bouncers, sidewalk art, face painting, youth football games), music by the band Diamond and Steel, various food tents, (Lions, Chili-Cookoff by OF Lionesses, Youth Football). Panther Pride is putting together a walk/run for the 8th of September, and of course the city wide rummage sales. We would also like to see participation from area businesses with sidewalk and store sales.
1.) We are looking for Sponsorships for various events throughout the weekend. Amounts in the past have varied from $50.00 to $1,000.00.
Please contact me if you have done this in the past or would like to start out with our new and improved Falls Fest!
2.) One new item this year would be to put together a sheet of coupons from area businesses to be handed out in the local paper with the rummage sale ads as well as handed out at Memorial Field. These coupons would not have to be good for just that weekend but perhaps other times as well to promote your business. If you are interested in this aspect of the Fun Fest please contact me as soon as possible. Space will be limited for these coupons.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Oconto Falls Area Chamber of Commerce
The June Newsletter has just come out. Click Here to read it online
Take a moment and read it.
If you have an event happening, let us know and we’ll post it on Facebook. Make sure you stop by Facebook and like our page to stay current with events happening in Oconto County.
Panther Pride Run/Walk
The Panther Pride Run/Walk, formally the Hot Cake Hustle, is a 5K run or walk and a 10K run through Oconto Falls over the Falls Fun Fest weekend. We will be starting and finishing at Memorial Park, the heart of the Falls Fun Festival rain or shine. We will have refreshments during and after the race for the runners.
Saturday, September 8th, 2012
-Click for Brochure-
• Entrance fee is $20 prior to race and you can pre-register by filling out a form and mailing to the address provided.
• Register the day of the race from 6:30am-7:45am with a race start time of 8:00am. Fee day of race is $25.
• Pre-registrants may pick up their packets Friday night from 5-7 PM at Oconto Falls Elementary cafeteria. Saturday 6:30-7:45 at Memorial Field concession stand or the day of the race (September 8th) from 6:30am-7:45am.
• Awards will be given out for the overall male and female as well as 1st -3rd place in each age group.
• We will have emergency personnel around the course for anybody needing assistance. Pets on a leash are welcome to join in on the 5K portion of the race.
• Children in strollers or wagons are welcome to join in on the fun for the 5K portion of the race.
• Check back at the Panther Pride Website for race results.
• After the race enjoy the Falls Fun Fest activities.
• Stick around and listen to the band Diamond and Steel from 1:30pm-5:30pm.